Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Book Review: Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki


Book Review: Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki - 3.0 STARS
Personal Finance, Investing, Entrepreneurship


Well, where do I start?

This book is on so many people's "must read", "top 25", etc., etc. lists that I'm sure all of you have heard at least one friend, family member, personal finance guru, TV personality or some other expert tell you that you "MUST" read this book. Well, what am I going to say? Well... I can't say that I haven't recommended that people read this, and I definitely can't say that is is without merit. What I can say is... if you have read many Personal Finance, Investing, Success, Self Help, Entrepreneurship and Business books then I'd steer clear of this one. This isn't in anyway implying that it is bad... I'm just saying that it is more motivational than it is practical or technical.

On the other hand, just to make myself as hypocritical as possible. This book is a MUST READ! Why do I move on to say this? Well, if you are just getting into reading Personal Finance books then this is a great place to start. It will broaden your thinking, provide motivation and get you excited about further expanding your knowledge on the subject. As you can see, I gave this book 3.5 stars... not spectacular, but by no means poor either. This book is still to this day one of the books I would suggest as a 1st or 2nd read for anyone just beginning to read Personal Finance books.

Get your copy at your local library or here at Amazon.com
Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money--That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!

Happy Reading!
R


No comments:

Post a Comment